- GPA: 2.5 in COMM and overall
- Junior standing (60 credits)
- Formal internship position: training, education, professional development
- Internship work must happen during the semester you’re registered for…no retroactive credits
- Need to work a minimum of 40 hours per credit (ex: work at least 120 total hours for a 3-credit internship)
(1) Secure an internship
Steps to secure an internship are outlined on the CMCI Internship website.
Everything starts after students have an internship. Students are encouraged to work with the CMCI Internships and Careers office or Career Services to find internship opportunities. These are posted on Career Buffs.
(2) Request approval from faculty supervisor Jamie Skerski (Jamie.Skerski@Colorado.edu) by the ADD/DROP deadline (the second week of classes).
(3) Report your internship for credit. This is mandatory and must be completed before starting your internship.
(4) Complete the internship assignments as outlined in the COMM 4930 Syllabus.
Everything is the same for summer internships except you need to pay Continuing Education tuition and fees to complete your registration. After reporting your internship, payment instructions will be sent to you via email. Once paid, your internship credit will appear on your degree audit.
For fall and spring semester, you must submit application by the Add/Drop Deadline (2nd week of classes)