Plan ahead in scheduling appointments. Advisors are particularly busy during registration periods and demand can be high at other times, too. So schedule appointments in advance. To view walk-in times and schedule an individual appointment check the appointment calendar and follow these steps:
1) Visit http://advising.colorado.edu and click on the “Make an Advising Appointment” button
2) Login with your Identikey and password when prompted
3) Click on “Schedule Advising Appointment” at the top
4) Select an appointment time that works for you on my calendar and click on the link.
5) Type in the reason for the appointment and click Sign Up.
6) You will receive a confirmation at your CU Boulder e-mail for your scheduled appointment.
Appointments can be made up to two weeks in advance. When the system shows no appointment availability, it means all possible appointments over the next two weeks are taken; new appointments appear on a daily basis.
If signing up for a 30-minute appointment, PLEASE write it down and REMEMBER to attend. If you merely have a question or two, feel free to stop by the walk-in hours. If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please do so through the above website with as much advance notice as possible – no shows leave empty times when other students could have come in.
For relatively straightforward questions/concerns when you can’t come in, feel free to e-mail us: we review e-mails and try to respond as quickly as possible. You can leave a voicemail on our office phone, but we prefer e-mail, which will likely garner a quicker response.
If you are experiencing an advising emergency, do let us know immediately, preferably by e-mail or in person. Please remember to also utilize other resources as we are usually already with other students and university deadlines are firm. See FAQs for resource links.